This will only take a minute.
What is it like to be an online MPH student at USC?
- Access coursework, lectures and multimedia presentations at your convenience
- Join online discussions with faculty and peers during regular “live” learning sessions
- Complete group projects with classmates via discussion boards and video conferences
- Connect with your professors during virtual office hours
- Submit your homework, projects and complete exams
- View your grades and track your progress in the program
- Be reminded of due dates and upcoming projects
- Network with other students in the program and explore career opportunities
Our goal is to help you develop a mindset of innovation and critical thinking, backed by a holistic understanding of today’s most critical public health issues. You’ll work closely with and learn from some of the industry’s brightest minds as you complete coursework and projects. You’ll also complete a practicum that includes guided fieldwork at a public health agency of your choice. Beyond hands-on experience, your practicum can help you develop the leadership skills to confidently manage the unique challenges you’ll encounter in the public health profession.
A Master of Public Health from USC is a signal to colleagues and employers that you received an education of the highest caliber. It’s a passport that grants you access to an expansive network of Trojan alumni, including decision-makers from influential health organizations across the globe. Our online MPH program equips you with the leadership skills and high-level strategies to make a profound impact on public health.
When you inquire about the online MPH program, you’ll be assigned a dedicated advisor — someone to help answer questions and guide you through the admission process.
Think of your program coordinator as your personal liaison with the university. They’ll be with you from admission through graduation — ready to help you register for courses, acquire materials and answer questions about university policies and procedures.
The practicum is one of the most exciting elements of our online MPH program. And we want it to be as rewarding and memorable as possible. That’s why you’ll receive one-on-one assistance from a coordinator who will help guide you as you set up your practicum experience.
Our goal is to ensure you’re properly guided and counseled throughout the MPH program. That’s why our academic advisors are available to talk about your academic goals, inform you about internship opportunities, assist you with career services, clarify school policies and discuss your academic performance.
An MPH degree can open a world of new opportunities, but sometimes choosing the right path can be difficult. That’s why our online students have access to a variety of career services from a dedicated MPH Career Counselor and the USC Career Center. Once in the program you will have access to:
- A curated list of public health job banks and fellowships
- Personalized career counseling with a public health focus
- An annual public health career fair
You’ll also have the chance to meet with a dedicated career services counselor from anywhere in the world, with appointments available via Adobe Connect, email, or phone. These career counseling meetings can help you to:
- Understand your career pathway
- Explore job search techniques and strategies
- Develop your network and connect with employers
- Update and tailor your resume for specific positions
- Prepare for interviews and negotiate offers