This will only take a minute.
GeoHealth Track Courses
PM 536 Program Evaluation and Research, 4 units
Overview of concepts, tools, data collection, analysis methods and designs used to evaluate health promotion programs. Examples from substance abuse prevention, family planning and reproductive health programs.
SSCI 581 Concepts for Spatial Thinking, 4 units
The unique characteristics and importance of spatial information as they relate to the evolving science, technology and applications of geographic information systems.
SSCI 583 Spatial Analysis, 4 units
Provides the knowledge and skills necessary to investigate the spatial patterns which result from social and physical processes operating at or near the Earth's surface.
SCCI 588 Remote Sensing for GIS, 4 units
Principles of remote sensing and satellite systems, and role of remote sensing data in GIS applications.
SCCI 589 Cartography and Visualization, 4 units
Principles of visual perception, spatial cognition and cartographic design and their contributions to the maps, animations, virtual reality and multimedia displays produced with modern GIS.
Job titles in GeoHealth can include:
- Data Manager
- Field Researcher
- GeoSpatial Analyst
- Project Manager
- Visual Information Specialist
Organizations using GIS data, mapping and spatial analysis in Public Health include:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Cancer Institute
- National Library of Medicine
- Department of Public Health
- Trust for America’s Health
- Urban and Regional Information Systems Association
- National Cancer Intelligence Network
- Consortium for International Earth Science Information Network
- National Institutes of Health
- American Public Health Association
- Association of American Geographers
- National Science Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Clinton Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Hewlett Foundation
- The World Health Organization
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services