To apply for USC’s Online Master of Public Health Program, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better
- Three (3) academic or professional letters of recommendation: All letters must be less than a year old and on department letterhead. At least one letter must be academic.
- A statement of purpose of approximately 2-3 pages addressing the following questions: Why are you interested in pursuing the MPH degree? How will an MPH degree affect or enhance your career aspirations and goals?
- Current professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score within five years of your anticipated start date. For more information on exam expiration dates, visit our FAQs page. Note: Applicants may substitute MCAT scores less than three years old or GMAT, DAT, or LSAT scores less than five years old, for GRE scores.
- Applicants with a medical degree from an accredited (LCME) medical school, foreign medical school graduates who have passed at least step 1 and step 2 (both parts) of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), and those with a postgraduate degree in another health profession or health-related profession may request an exemption of the GRE requirement.
- Additional materials may be required for international applicants.