– USC’s MPH Online Program is a great opportunity for students who wanna get a degree in public health, but don’t have the luxury of being able to come to campus. We offer students same state-of-the-art education, faculty who have been leaders in the fields, who are really researchers, who very much care about the work that they’re doing and they have made a real impact in public health.
– This MPH program has grown into this huge program with all these offerings and tracks and so many graduates. – And it was strong the fact that it was a online only program obviously that allowed me to be flexible in terms of not having to be physically in Los Angeles. I was also attracted to the exceeding reputation of the University of Southern California.
– I was able to now pick up the phone and if I have a question or an interest in a certain area, I know who I can call, so it’s really about becoming part of the network of experts. – I feel more connected to my students than I thought I would be. I am in live sessions with them every week or two. – There’s an ongoing dialogue between the students and the faculty.
– [Dr. Shubha Kumar] We’re using state-of-the-art technology. – We have an amazing array of students with work experience. – We have veterinarians, physicians, public health workers. – I’m able to interact with students from all different backgrounds. – We have students from all over the country even the world. And I really enjoy the student or two learning about what the other parts of the world are doing with respect to community health, so it really makes it a global experience.
– Another thing that I think is very special about our program is the way that we help students place for their practicum, whether they wanna be at the headquarters of the World Health Organization in Geneva or they wanna be at their local county health department. It affords them an opportunity to synthesize what they’ve been learning in the classroom and put it out there in practice.
– That kind of, that moment when I was actually pulling my classroom into my work was really kind of the moment when I decided that there’s no reason for me not to pursue this.
– Our program is preparing students to lead professional public health lives and being able to impact communities and they learn from some of the best minds who have done just that.